Monday, October 24, 2011

FALL FOLIAGE {Blue Ridge Mountains}

I was fortunate enough to take a quick road trip up north to run a race and witness the beautiful fall leaves changing!  I traveled to many quaint places and thoroughly enjoyed my little "photographic field trip"!  Below are some of my favorite pics from each stop along the way, and of course, a "family portrait" with my favorite girl who, despite the temps in the 30's, had an amazing time sniffing around outside!


McCaysville, GA & Copperhill, TN


 The cabin: Copperhill, TN

My boots, JD hat and my Grampy's flannel!




Taking the Jeep up there was fun...even got to use 4WD a few times!

TrackRock Stables: Blairsville, GA
Enjoyed a 2 hour trail ride with the friendly "folks" at TrackRock Stables!  Have always loved horses and being outside in the fresh mountain air was an added bonus!










Still a John Deere girl after all these years!


Cherokee National Forest: Cleveland, TN




 





 


 So many leaves....




Murphy, NC
I ran a race in the small town of Murphy on Saturday.  It is a very cute little place and I liked the vintage signs posted on the side of the "No Name Ice Cream Parlor".  I was especially fond of the Phillips 66 sign I encountered on the way to the start line! 





Sleepy Hollow
A very unique and interesting place located near Blairsville, GA.  This "enchanted forest" is the entrance to a store that sells handcrafted whimsical fairy houses!  It caught my eye from the road and I'm glad I stopped in and snapped a few photos. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment